Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- AMP — Accelerated Mobile Pages — begin global rollout in Google mobile search results
Sep 20, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Google reiterated that the move does not include a rankings change.
- New EU copyright rules: basic fairness or punitive media subsidy?
Sep 19, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Europe sees a fairer marketplace, Google sees a bonanza for lawyers.
- Bing partners with CBS Interactive in syndication deal
Sep 20, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The deal is aimed at boosting mobile search volume and share for the Bing network.
- The junior data scientist’s guide to AdWords search campaign structure: how to mine hidden gems for huge wins
Sep 20, 2016 by Todd Saunders
In this helpful how-to, columnist Todd Saunders explains how to structure your AdWords account so as to glean useful insights about your target audience.
- Turn your online searches into in-store sales
Sep 20, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
In this guide from SweetIQ, you’ll discover how to build and analyze your online-to-offline conversion funnel. You’ll also get: the 4 critical elements you can use to drive more in-store sales; the 4 keys to good local marketing; and 4 action items for fixing your findability… fast, and more! Visit Digital Marketing Depot to download […]
- MarTech Europe preview: here’s what to expect in 6 weeks
Sep 20, 2016 by Scott Brinker
We’re only six weeks away from MarTech Europe in London, November 1-2, and I’m thrilled with the program — an incredible roster of speakers bringing deep insights and experience across the intersecting fields of marketing, technology, and management. I’m excited to give you a preview of what the conference will deliver, but first… If you […]
- What Netflix can teach us about long-tail keyword research
Sep 20, 2016 by Ryan Shelley
Columnist Ryan Shelley believes that good long-tail keyword targeting is all about knowing your audience — something Netflix excels at.
- Act now: your chance to learn actionable SEO and SEM tactics ends soon. SMX East is next week!
Sep 20, 2016 by Search Engine Land
SMX East kicks off in just a few days! Why settle for flat SEO and SEM performance? Get actionable SEO and SEM tactics and best practices in retargeting, AdWords scripts, backlinks, adaptable content and more. View the exceptional content in our agenda, then register for the ultimate search marketing conference today and pay only $1,895 for the total SMX experience. That’s $100 […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
SEM / Paid Search