Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Exploring a newly-granted Google patent around social signals
Oct 7, 2016 by Dave Davies
Columnist Dave Davies takes a deep dive into a recently published Google patent for clues on how the search giant is thinking about social signals and search results.
- AdWords rolls out Salesforce account linking for automated conversion imports
Oct 7, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The conversion data import solution is coming out of beta.
- Results from the Local SEO Ranking Factors Study presented at SMX East
Oct 7, 2016 by Christine Churchill
Wonder what factors correlate with strong local rankings? Contributor Christine Churchill summarizes the results of a recent local ranking factors study presented at SMX East 2016.
- Search in Pics: Google nougat, donut board, AdWords lollipops & Yahoo cookies
Oct 7, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. Google AdWords lollipops: Source: Instagram Google donut board: Source: Instagram Google nougat logo: Source: Instagram Yahoo […]
- Local SEO now has an organic ROI tracking method
Oct 7, 2016 by Lydia Jorden
Heard about the new partnership between Yext and Uber? Columnist Lydia Jorden explains its implications for tracking return on investment for local search.
- AMP is one year old and growing fast, will it ultimately trump responsive design?
Oct 7, 2016 by Greg Sterling
There are now 600 million AMP pages on 700,000 domains.
- Take back control of your content
Oct 6, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Are you losing control of your content? If you’re like the majority of marketers, you’re going to produce more content in 2017 — but feel less than confident about your content marketing operations. Join experts Arnie Kuenn, CEO at Vertical Measures, and Brian Kavanaugh, US marketing strategist at Bynder, as they explain how branding automation […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
SEM / Paid Search