Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Meet a Landy Award winner: For its work with Scotts Miracle Gro, Acronym wins Best Overall Enterprise SEM Initiative
Nov 11, 2016 by Greg Finn
This year’s Best Overall Enterprise SEM Initiative Landy field was a competitive one. The winner needed to utilize best in class tactics & initiatives, various platforms & tools, and of course improve visability and/or convert new customer on major search platforms and earn a positive return on investment. When the dust settled in the judges room […]
- How to avoid an outbound link penalty from Google
Nov 11, 2016 by Tony Edward
We’ve all heard of unnatural link penalties from having a spammy backlink profile, but columnist Tony Edward notes that your site’s outbound links need to be monitored as well.
- Meet a Landy Award winner: Wolfgang Digital integrates search and TV into a cross-channel campaign for a big Irish retailer
Nov 11, 2016 by Barry Levine
The result for Littlewoods Ireland: the most successful Christmas campaign ever
- Getting a clearer picture of local marketing attribution
Nov 11, 2016 by Brian Smith
It can be a challenge to get a clear picture of how effective your local marketing efforts are, so columnist Brian Smith outlines some of the more effective methods for tracking in-store attribution.
- Bing Ads starts testing app install ads in the US
Nov 11, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The ads are available for iOS and Android apps.
- Search in Pics: Google Singapore office, Market Google & a Google cocktail
Nov 11, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. Google cocktail: Source: Instagram Market Google: Source: Instagram Google headphones: Source: Instagram Grand opening of the […]
- Veterans Day Google doodle honors the women & men who serve our nation
Nov 11, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Designed by doodlers Olivia Huynh and USCM veteran Diana Tran, the doodle leads to a search for “Veterans Day” and includes a sharing icon.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps