Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing Partner Program expands to agencies and technology partners, rolling out to more markets
Nov 15, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Customers that meet certain engagement criteria can become eligible for program benefits.
- Web giants Google and Facebook seek to cut off revenues from fake news sites
Nov 15, 2016 by Greg Sterling
These ad policy changes don’t guarantee fake news won’t continue showing up in the Facebook News Feed or Google search results.
- 5 steps to optimizing your site for Google’s mobile-first index
Nov 15, 2016 by Ryan Shelley
Now that Google is officially testing a mobile-first index, columnist Ryan Shelley believes it’s well past time to get aboard the mobile-friendly train. Here, he provides some tips to get you started.
- Why link outreach teams have the most difficult job in the agency
Nov 15, 2016 by Ian Bowden
Good outreach is crucial to link building, but it’s not easy. Columnist Ian Bowden explains why it’s a tough, yet essential, element of a strong SEO campaign.
- Google snippets bug shows old dates based on YouTube embeds
Nov 15, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
This Google bug shows a date that is older than your blog post in the search results snippet. This doesn’t seem to impact rankings directly.
- Native advertising, the new marketing workhorse
Nov 15, 2016 by Sponsored Content: Adnow
Native advertising is fast becoming a powerful digital marketing strategy, as traditional display and banner ads become less and less effective. With internet users increasingly ignoring overt sales tactics, average click-through rates (CTRs) for display ads have fallen over time to 0.17 percent, according to Google. In contrast, native ads enjoy much higher CTR and […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
SEM / Paid Search