Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Search ads in 1H generated $16.3 billion or 50 percent of total digital revenue
Nov 1, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Mobile was the driver of overall growth, with mobile search ad revenue approaching desktop levels.
- Meet a Landy Award winner: Edelman takes home Best Overall Search Marketing Initiative award
Nov 1, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
To reverse a double-digit decline in online revenue, Edelman was charged with overhauling a client’s entire search presence.
- Google creates its own antitrust woes with poor communication over search listings
Nov 1, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Have an issue with your listings in Google? Getting an official answer might be tough. And when that happens to a Google competitor, as it did with ProtonMail, it could come back to harm Google’s defense from antitrust charges.
- SMX West is back in 2017 – registration is now open!
Nov 1, 2016 by Search Engine Land
Search Engine Land’s SMX West is returning to Silicon Valley in 2017! SMX West is the ultimate search marketing conference experience for hard-core SEOs and SEMs: actionable tactics, speakers from renowned brands and digital agencies, networking, and top notch amenities. SMX West will be held at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center, March 21-23, 2017. […]
- 8 ways SEO has changed in the past 10 years
Nov 1, 2016 by Jayson DeMers
How has the search landscape changed over the last decade? Columnist Jayson DeMers explores the biggest shake-ups over the last 10 years and their impact on search engine optimization (SEO).
- Hot off the presses: Make heat maps for device performance
Nov 1, 2016 by Daniel Gilbert
See how your account performs every hour with another handy AdWords script from columnist Daniel Gilbert of Brainlabs.
- SMX East 2016: Satisfying The Need For Speed
Nov 1, 2016 by Eric Enge
Columnist Eric Enge recaps a session at SMX East on the impact of page speed on SEO, presented by former Google Search Quality team member Fili Wiese.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
SEM / Paid Search