Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Yahoo introduces ‘Answers Now’ app but will users respond?
Dec 9, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The company hopes to address historical quality problems with a matching algorithm.
- Three steps to customer experience excellence
Dec 9, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Customer experience is the modern competitive battlefield. Eighty-nine percent of marketers today compete primarily on the basis of customer experience. Despite being a cross-functional initiative, marketing leaders are on the hook and on the front lines to deliver results in support of the customer experience mandate. This guide from Gartner for Marketers shows you how […]
- NORAD’s Santa Tracker counts down the days until Christmas 2016 with Bing’s help
Dec 9, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
In 1955, NORAD’s number was mistakenly printed in a 1955 Sears Roebuck & Co. holiday ad. The organization has been tracking Santa ever since.
- Digital assistants, conversational search and the future of local
Dec 9, 2016 by Brian Smith
As digital assistants like Alexa and Google Home become more popular, how can local search marketers adapt? Columnist Brian Smith shares his tips.
- Search in Pics: Google sandbox, indoor rowboat & umbrellas
Dec 9, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. Google YouTube sandbox: Source: Instagram Google notepad and brownie: Source: Instagram Google rowboat with ducks inside: […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- 6 Ways to Optimize for Searches Other Than Google, Search Engine Guide
- Google’s Webmaster Presentation On Internationalization & Search, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Outrank Your Competition’s Best-Performing Page, www.quicksprout.com
- Rich snippets everywhere, Yoast
- The 10 Types of Content That Work Best for SEO – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- To AMP or Not to AMP: What is Best for Your Website?, semrush.com
- Video: Google Trust, New Design, News, Charity Links & Holidays, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search